- After 2020
- Breakfast for Five — David Fisher, Carving Explorations
- Laughter Truly is…The Best Medicine — My Good Time Stories
- Perfect mixture of clouds and sun sets Arizona sky on fire — AZ Wonders-Enjoy-I miss these sunsets and rises.
- Laguna 69, Huascaran National Park, Huaraz, Peru — ” Dream. Commit. Succeed. “
- Winter, East Fork Jemez River
- The Fun of It All – 2019
- Yachts from the Air — Focused Moments
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
- Frank Howell “Visitation” August 20, 2019Visitation is a wonderful and colorful lithograph that makes a glowing statement. It has a presence that draws you into its mystique composition. Hummingbirds and color! Continue reading → The post Frank Howell “Visitation” appeared first on Patco Arts.
- Frank Howell “Visitation” August 20, 2019
About two years ago, I wrote a post about busting up a big cherry log into various bowl blanks. This experimental piece came from either the billet labeled A or B, so it has vertical grain (had I sawn it instead of splitting it, it could be called quarter sawn). I had the general idea […]
Everyone needs a laugh, a giggle, a chuckle, or a smile every day. If you are having a bad day, discouraged by the worldwide pandemic, or simply experiencing a time of gloom…then I have just the medicine for you…laughs and giggles…and plenty of them! I hope that the following cartoons and quips will help brighten […]
Perfect mixture of clouds and sun sets Arizona sky on fire — AZ Wonders-Enjoy-I miss these sunsets and rises.
Arizona is known for fabulous sunrises and sunsets. But this sunset image captured from a north Phoenix neighborhood on January … More The post Perfect mixture of clouds and sun sets Arizona sky on fire appeared first on AZ Wonders.
For our second day trip from Huaraz, we decided to book for a hike to the famous Laguna 69, in Huascaran National Park. We chose the order of our day tours based on the altitude. Eventhough we spent quite a bit of time in Cusco and around, we still wanted to start with the lowest […]
A detailed wilderness. Nice!
A couple of winters ago, I went through the canyon of the Jemez River near Valles Caldera in New Mexico. I wore some cheap waders and some good crampons, as the landscape was filled with ice and snow. This is a watercolor towards the end of the day from pretty far in the canyon, but out of the rocks. I had been following a coyote for most of the way, and wanted to include his (her) tracks. Here are some of the stagesof the painting along the way.
It’s always tricky knowing how to begin a complicated scene. In this case, I put in some of the foreground snow and the warm reflection on the water before starting on the trees.
Some of the darker trees in the middle are indicated, and the pattern of ripples on the water.
This gives an indication of the slow process of painting the…
View original post 113 more words
A POST ! It has been quite sometime since I have posted.
Hello and Good Day to everyone.
Nice Watercolour ! via Painting Near the Border
Just a little something of my own for fun. While in Santa Barbara – not Denver.
“THE FUN of IT ALL !”
Earlier this month, the annual Round the Island yacht race took place. 1,533 boats set off from Cowes to circumnavigate the Isle of Wight. It’s a spectacular sight, literally a sea of sails. Rather excitingly, I had the opportunity to … Continue reading
Watch a group of Russian percussionists venture out into a frozen Lake Baikal and make music with ice! Source: Musicians Turn a Frozen Lake in Siberia Into a Giant Instrument